Saturday, November 22, 2014

Feminism

So recently, I've been spending alot of time on youtube and tumblr and alot of other social networks, and I've been noticing ads for feminism groups. Many brands and groups that work for feminism are forming and I've become very proud of where this is going. For once I feel overpowered and glad to be a girl.
About a month ago, I saw a youtube ad that had young girls explain what they though "like a girl" meant. The girls told them that they took it as an insult and that it wasn't good to be "like a girl". 
They also asked some kids to show them how a girl ran, or fought, or played baseball etc. and the girls did everything very weak and wimpy. But into the video they explained to the girls that girls are strong and can do whatever they want, as long as they try hard and stand up for themselves and their rights. At the end of this video, they asked them to show them what it was like to be a girl and they all acted strong.
Now this video had stuck in my head for a while now, and today i was on youtube again and I saw another video.
This video was branded by Covergirl and had a group of girls doing computer coding. It shouwed them talking about womens rights and how women are strong. There were other videos on youtube by covergirl, but the one that really stuck out to me was where they had a bunch of famous women talk about how women can!
And to continue that, women can! I really hope this is a new revolution. Women and girls alike need to stand up for ourselves and each other. I'm so sick of hearing how sexism is still going on and I want to change! We need to have women presidents and women workers and scientists and doctors! Women cannot be shamed for being smarter than men and we CANNOT be considered objects because we are living, breathing beings! Objectifying women is wrong and we have to stand above this. It's time for women to take a stand.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you are a very smart young woman.

Anonymous said...

I think you are a very smart young woman.

SmartGirl.me said...

You are a very SmartGirl.