Monday, September 28, 2015

Je Ne Sais Quoi

After spending the past year reading every article on being a successful businesswomen, you'd think I'd want to spend the rest of my life in a fancy office, talking money, saving money, and spending money. One could look at me and say, "There's a girl who knows how to make money and run a business". But after two years of whining over the fact that I wanted to own the whole gossip girl closet, Jenny Humphrey's sewing skills, and Elenor Waldorf's eye for design, I realized that I'm into fashion more than I thought.
I have spent hours watching sewing videos, trying to sew, watching the lates fashion shows, and even rereading old magazines to identify changes in trends and styles. I even joined fashion club and even started saving up for a body form. Yet, there's one problem.
As a high schooler, life is kinda tough. I'm spending alot of time doing proofs and watching videos about the cell theory and not enough time doing the things I love.
As many of my friends know, I aspire to major at Harvard Business and study fashion later at FIT in New York. I aspire to designing my own line of readywear and high fashion women's wear. But yet, I can't help but wonder if fashion is really for me. I don't even have the eye or time to pick out fashionable outfits for school, let alone a runway.
And along with that, many people do not see me as someone who is capable of it. And that bothers me.
All in all, I feel like I would be a good businesswomen/designer in the long run but I've got a long way to go.

No comments: