Wednesday, August 9, 2017

You Are A Badass (Seriously, You Are)

As much as a loathe sitting and listening to things (don't lie, I know you feel the same) I somehow managed to love You Are A Badass by Jen Sincero, regardless of the fact that the book is coming in the mail tonight, and I finished the whole audiobook in two sittings (and yes, I sat and listened).
This book is a self-help book that I recommend to anyone who is stuck in a rut. As someone currently struggling with depression and anxiety (as well as the feeling of impending doom brought on by the fast approaching school year), I have a first hand experience at how self-help books actually help. And trust me, I've had my fair share of moments sitting in my room, listening to a book about 'looking on the bright side' and 'making the best of every situation'. It's kind of like you're on a roller coaster and someone hands you a barf bag. Except you're on a roller coaster. And the bag's gone. And there's barf on your face. In fact, there's barf everywhere.
This book--it isn't like that. This book takes the epitome of badassery and shoves it in your face. Sincero is funny, understandable, and most of all, real. She gives good advice, and makes fun of it--in a sense of 'oh haha I'm silly' and 'yay this is fun', making it not only funny but fun to read. This book is also filled with stories of Sincero's own life, which are hilarious and fun to learn from.
"Why did I pick this book?", you might ask. Well, I'm part of a monthly book club! It's called the Bookfast Club and it's featured on Angelina "Jelly" Draper's blog, linked at the bottom of this post!
But all reasoning aside, I really believe that this book helped me to see my life in a different life.
Also, You Are A Badass. ;)

https://andraper7.wixsite.com/jelly/the-bookfast-club

No comments: